Hi everyone! Today, my hubby and I celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary! I cannot believe a year has already gone by, and I can’t wait to spend many more years with him! We have had a great first year of marriage, and I thought it would be fun to do a little Q&A all about the first year. I found this questionnaire from fridayweareinlove.com.
1. What has brought you closer together this year? This is kind of hard to answer, because we have been together for 8 years before we got married. But I think just the fact that we are now united as one, it has made us more aware to work like a team instead of two different individuals.
2. What is your favorite memory of this first year together? Our honeymoon to Jamaica! This was our first big vacation together ever and we had such a blast!!
3. Did you have a wedding or honeymoon disaster that you are already laughing about? We didn’t really have a disaster per say, but we did have one wedding quest get escorted out of our wedding! (neither my hubby or I even knew this guy and he was hitting on my girlfriends!) It’s funny when we look back on it!
4. What has surprised you most about being married? Ok, so I’m going to share my husbands response to this one (yes, I am asking him these questions too!). He says “how easy it is”. It may sound weird, but I have to agree. Not that it isn’t hard work, because it is! But we have honestly had such a great year without any major blowouts! lol. Of course there are going to be tough times to work through, but I think we have done really well at working things out TOGETHER!
5. Anything shocking you’ve learned about your spouse? Honestly, no. As I said, we dated for 8 years before getting married, and we lived together for a few years before getting married.
6. What is a bonus quality you received in your spouse that you didn’t know about until married? I’ve always known my hubby to be humorous and playful, but this year he is even more so. We have had so much fun this year and we can just be silly and act like fools together, and I just love that!
7. If you could do anything different, what would you do? Nothing. I have no regrets about our wedding or our first year together 🙂
8. What have you learned from your spouse this year? PATIENCE.
9. How have your feelings changed in just one year together? This may sound cheesy and cliche, but my love just keeps growing for him!
10. What is something you’ve done that has worked, and really made a difference in your marriage, that you would give as advice to others on their wedding day? Not to sweat the small things. There are going to be difficult times, or arguments, but as long as you work them out together and not worry about the little things you will be fine! You need to enjoy the big moments 🙂
Hope you all enjoyed this more personal post about my first year of marriage! I feel so blessed and lucky that I get to spend many more years with my amazing hubby!